Blake and I saw a sign that said something to that effect and we both quickly agreed that I would be somewhere in the 70-90 year old range. I worry too much, I can sleep all the time, I am content to be home, and I am sure if the opportunity arose I would find that I loved knitting. My life is a battle against my actual age and my mental age. I try to push myself so I don't wake up one day and find that I am actually 90 and I haven't done anything. I think I do a decent job of staying young but a few weeks ago Blake and I had an incident that made both Blake and me feel so old that we had no option but to laugh about it for a long time.
Blake's little brother Brady comes and watches movies at our house and one night he came a little earlier than usual. Blake and I were getting ready for bed when he came in and didn't hear him. Blake opened the door to our bedroom to go out and get a light bulb to find that he was standing 3 feet from Brady's little lady friend in his G's. I heard the door slam and Blake came in and told me what happened. I laughed so hard. The kind of laugh where you bend over cause you can't stand straight. Blake and I have never met this girl so this is her first impression of us. Blake told me he had never felt older. I suddenly felt like my parents. We put on some pajamas and went out to PROPERLY meet her. When we got out there she told us that it was no big deal because she had seen all her friends parents walking around in their garments. wah wah wah. I am 21 and I am already being grouped with the parents of Freshman girls. Turns out when you get married, get pregnant, and move into an apartment that doesn't involve dozens of other girls you suddenly become old. I was the tiniest bit offended for a while but then I realized that I shouldn't be. I have never been happier in my life. I have the best husband and I am certain we are about to have the world's cutest baby, I am almost done with school, Blake is almost done with school, and we have the most perfect little apartment so my life really couldn't be better. I am definitely ok with seeming old if it means this much happiness. So here is to years of being 40. Like from now until I'm 50.
No comments:
Post a Comment