Monday, October 1, 2012

Longer out than in.

Today is a milestone.  Knox hit nine months.  Or he hit the "longer out than in" milestone as I like to refer to it.  I cannot believe that we've been holding our little squish in our arms longer than I held him in my belly.  It feels like it has flown by. 

It has been the greatest privilege for Blake and I to be Knox's parents.  Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing when he sent us a baby so fast.  He brings the sweetest spirit into our lives and he has made our family so much stronger.  I think I have learned more from Knox than he'll ever learn from me.  I truly love being his mom and watching Blake be a dad has been such a treat for me.  I have never seen a dad love his son more than Blake loves our little bear.  It has made me fall in love with Blake even more.

Watching Knox grow every day is so fun.  It seems like his brain has developed by leaps and bounds lately.  He picks up something new every day and I wake up every day eager to see what it's going to be.  I have so much fun with my little boy!  Here are some of our favorite things about Knox right now:

Knox learned to wave this past month and he waves to pretty much everyone.  He will smile, wave, and interact with anyone as long as he is in the safety of his parents arms.  


Knox also learned the art of the "no" head shake.  If we ask him a question, he shakes his head no.  If we give him a kiss and he doesn't like it, he shakes his head no.  If he is done eating he purses his lips as tight as he can and shakes his head no.  Right now we think it is the cutest thing ever but I'm sure when he is 2 and yelling "NO" at us loudly, we won't find it as endearing.  


Knox has learned to army crawl.  He can get anything he needs by dragging his body across the ground.  He is so close to crawling.  He gets in the position and tries so hard to move his little hands and legs together but he just isn't quite there yet.  I think it'll happen any day. 


Knox still doesn't sleep through the night. Enough said.



Knox has his two front teeth on the bottom and he just got a new tooth on the top.  Not his front tooth, the one next to it.  He has a little fang.  Poor guy.



Knox has the best personality and is so easy going.  He loves to be kissed and tickled and thrown around.  He loves to be on the go.  He is content wherever we go and he is always very observant of everything around him. 


Since moving to San Diego, Knox has learned to love swimming.  We take him swimming 3-4 nights a week after dad gets home and he loves it.  He splashes and laughs the whole time.  




Knox loves food and will eat anything.  This hasn't fattened him up, however.  Knox is such a skinny little boy with a perfectly big, round noggin.  I love it.  



Knox loves Disney.  If anyone questioned whether or not he was my child that should clear it up.  He loves his Disney toys, he loves to watch Mickey Mouse Club House, and he loves to meet up with uncle Brandt and ride all the rides at Disneyland.  That's my boy!!

The flash was a little bright for him here, but seriously how cute is that face???

The best thing about Knox though is how much he loves us.  He is such a snuggler and loves to give kisses and huge hugs.  Knox always wants to be touching us and cuddling.  Whenever I drive I have to hold his hand in the back of the car and whenever we play he is always in my lap.  He is such a little love and I love that about him.  He has the best heart.



Blake and I are so lucky to be Knox's parents.  We love him more than we ever thought we could and that love gets deeper every day.  We can't wait for the next 9 months!!


Love you Knoxy!!

3 comments:

  1. He is ADORABLE Mari. You and Blake are such good parents. I'm glad parenting has been good to you. Knox seems like such a sweetheart. I hope I can meet him sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm he is adorbs. Need to meet him ASAP before he's a real live big person. GOOD JOB YOU TWO!!!! xo. beef.

    ReplyDelete